Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error For Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP: The Internet has been part and parcel of our lives. There is no day for anybody without internet for knowledge or any entertainment or gaming purpose. The Internet has become the solution for everyday problems. Therefore, thinking lives without the internet would be complicated. But even with all internet users, it has become irritating and also a big problem when they are not able to open the webpage, and it says DNS server is not responding. Well, this is the most irritating error that we see on our monitor screens, but it does not mean that you cannot correct the mistake.
Whenever we are surfing the internet, the DNS server isn’t responding is the most common error that is shown by the server on the browser. In case you are not able to load a web page or open a website, you will encounter the same error. This error is caused by a technical fault and can be solved quickly. But has anyone studied why this error occurs? The most common reason for the failure to happen is that we put down the attack to the network connections. But mostly in many cases, the DNS server not responding error is caused by the PC or the network router misconfiguration. Sometimes some websites are sick because of the uneven firewall settings, but that can change quickly.
Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error For Windows
Whenever we type the URL of the website on the browser it will take the address of the domain to which we are looking for that is the DNS address. If the web browser is not capable of searching for the server, then only this Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error For Windows occurs.
However, you need not be a computer engineer for dealing with this problem as you can solve the problem with the following given steps. Keep in mind do not to miss out any level from the below-given options as it might create another big trouble for you. You can know how to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error For Windows.
How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Bug Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP
If you get DNS Server Not Responding Error on your windows system, do not worry. Follow the below sections, to know how to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Error For Windows OS.
Change the Default DNS Server to open DNS
- Firstly, on the Windows taskbar, right-click on the network icon and then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, find the Local Area Connection and tab on the enter button.
- From the new window, click on Properties.
- Next, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties tab.
- Open the new windows and select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” tab.
- You find a box displaying the DNS address
- You need to type 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS server box,
- After that move to the alternate DNS server box and type 22.214.171.124 there.
- Mark the table – Validate settings upon exit and click Apply
This is the most secure method to get rid of the DNS server error. You can quickly switch to the other preferred DNS address too. Now try to reload the webpage and see if the problem was solved.
Clearing the Cache & Reinstalling the Browser
For Chrome, you can quickly follow the below-given moves to clear the cache
- Firstly, click on the Customize and control button in the top right corner.
- Then click on settings.
- From the setting, select Show advanced settings option from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to see Clear Browsing data button from the privacy section.
- Open a new window and then check the box that has cookies and Other site and Plug-in Data and then clicks on clear browsing history or data.
How to a clear cache in the Firefox browser?
- Firstly, at the top right corner of the page/ crome, you need to select history from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the details.
- Check cookies, cache and then click on the clear browsing data
You can uninstall the browser and then download & install the browser once again, after clearing the cache and cookies. Thi process might take some time, but surely this will work. Or you can also use a new browser alternatively of using the old browser. You can go for the UC browser or opera browser whichever is fit with a smooth run.
Problems Occurred When DNS has Not Configured Correctly
- If you have set the network to give the DNS server automatically and you have not offered the address manually, then the configuration might crash, and this may lead to the error. In this case, you can choose to type the DNS address manually.
- If you give the address manually, and still you see the error occurring on the screen. Then it is because of the speech might be out of date or maybe the provided address is wrong. So double verify the address before typing.
- If you require checking the DNS configuration button, then you can quickly verify the ISP of the internet service provider. You can ask for the other address too. If you already gave with one address, then keep in mind that you receive the address and the first one will become invalid.
- You can choose to give the numerical address of the server in the emergency. This server might alternatively best & right option, and there are fewer chances to get mistaken.
All the above options are correct and reliable they can indeed work. You need not worry as if one option does not work well for you then you can choose the next. You can quickly select the option that is best for you. Do not miss out any step from the above-given methods or else the process will be canceled in between.